FAME Academy Vision: FAME Academy furthers the FAME Mission by providing a sound academic foundation to students prior to their college preparatory, independent school experience. FAME's intention is to maximize the long-term academic potential of talented and motivated middle school African American students by engaging them during the early stages of their educational journey.
Students of color who qualify for FAME Academy:
1. Are currently enrolled in 6th grade
2. Reside in the greater Pittsburgh area
3. Demonstrate academic excellence (3.0 GPA or better)
4. Show interest in developing leadership skills
5. Meet the financial criteria
6. Are self-motivated and able to succeed in an accelerated learning environment
7. Can commit to full program participation
8. Are able to submit an application with recommendations, a transcript, standardized test scores, and proof of income
9. Are interested in attending an independent school
10. Plan to attend college
Guidelines for Admission
FAME Academy is a rigorous 3-year college preparatory program for African American middle school students with limited financial resources. The Academy program includes three, 6-week intensive summer programs (including one week spent boarding outside the city of Pittsburgh) and school year Saturday academic seminars completed during the 7th and 8th grade years.