A FAME Scholar is an African-American student who meets our St. Edmund’s Academy Eligibility Criteria or a student who has successfully completed our FAME Academy Program. Students who fall into these two categories are named FAME Scholars and receive need-based scholarship funds and/or additional enrichment support while attending our partner independent schools – The Ellis School, The Kiski School, Sewickley Academy, Shady Side Academy, St. Edmund’s Academy, Western Reserve Academy, and Winchester Thurston School or select affiliated schools.
1. Apply as a rising 3rd grader - rising 5th grader and upon admission, enter St. Edmund’s Academy a Scholar.
2. The summer before the 1st year of attendance at St. Edmund’s Academy, FAME Scholars complete mandatory FAME programming requirements. FAME Scholars who continue to meet mandatory requirements continue through 8th grade.
3. 8th grade Scholars complete the Independent Entrance Exam for high school and begin to interview and apply at the high school level at our partner schools. FAME Scholars graduate from St. Edmund’sAcademy and attend a FAME partner school continuing as a FAME Scholar.
1. Apply in the first half of 6th grade only with A's and B's. Student remains at their current school.
2. Rising 7th grade students participate in a 6 week summer program.
3. 7th grade students attend Saturday academic seminars during the school year.
4. Rising 8th grade students participate in a 6 week summer program.
5. 8th grade students attend Saturday academic seminars during the school year and complete the Independent School Entrance Exam for High School and interview for admission into one of the FAME partner schools.
6. Rising 9th graders participate in a 6 week transitional summer program to prepare them for their upcoming high school experience and complete mandatory requirements to become a FAME Scholar.